Thursday, September 28, 2006

Uphill struggle is hardly the word. I used to think I was a tolerant and patient person but I seem to become a horrible monstrous harridan as soon as I step through the door of the rehearsal rooms. And everytime I set out with the best of intentions.

I blame those foul tempered actors that drag the rest of the company down.

And tonight we block scene 6. Which will be it for the blocking. And even amidst the blocking, there are some lovely moments. Danny - as bandit - doing a French accent on Tuesday cheered my heart. And I'm sure there would have been other lovely moments - if half of the actors hadn't got stuck outside in the street. When oh when will we get a bell..?

I'm off to Frankfurt tomorrow to watch some focus groups and am very much looking forward to a couple of days off Edinburgh soil. I somehow feel that I may return with a great sense of perspective which I am currently sadly lacking.

I should never have pretended this blog was about a play. The truth is it's all about me.

2 Comments:

Blogger imw said...

Don't worry. Formerly foul-tempered actors will soon lift the cast to a high level of enthusiasm and achievement.

As for the subject of the blog - what could be more interesting than being privy to director's angst.

10:49 pm  
Blogger imw said...

Harridan? Surely not. Doesn't CCC stand for Claire Charms Cast?

10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home