Thursday, August 09, 2007

Ross is in a show at the moment ("Almost Haunted" by Big Village) that opened on Monday to a sell-out, sold out on Tuesday, was 3 tickets short of a sell-out last night and probably sold out all over again tonight.

They are of course aided by the fact that their show will be publicised throughout the Royal Bank of Scotland as its resident theatre group. But nonetheless, I feel mildly outraged (wholly unjustifiably of course) that they are doing so well.

The plus size is that it has at last spurred me on to making some feeble efforts on a self-promotional front. I wrote a rather dull press release (what is there to say aside from great acting, great writing, brilliant show?!) and sent it out to various newspapers / fringe publications on Tuesday. I haven't been inundated with interest yet but I'm sure it's all on the verge of happening. Probably we keep getting knocked off the centre spreads by The Bacchae.

And persuaded by my pathetic efforts flyering at the fringe launch party (stemming in large part from my flyer envy - as at this stage, I was only handing out my rather scrappy produced-in-Powerpoint flyers - I have been so wild as to seek treasurial approval for printing some real flyers of my own. Which will be delivered next Tuesday. A whole 6 days before we start. Useful.

I was also helped in this endeavour by the lovely Lizzie, freelancing with us at work at the moment, who like an angel - before she goes off even more angelically to save children in Tanzania - designed several different versions of my flyer not in Powerpoint. They are all lovely.

I wish I could post them here but blogger won't take pdfs and I don't know how to convert them to jpegs and I daren't ask Lizzie to spend more of her precious final hours in this land to do the deed. So they shall remain ever unviewed by my blogging public. Unless I find you in the street and thrust one into your sweaty hand in the coming days.

So not a moment too soon, I'm going to make some small effort to get my show an audience. Do come, my lovely readers. It's going to be very good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Statler said...

Okay, you got me. I've been reading the blog for too long not to see the final product. Unfortunately it will probably be the Friday or Saturday night so our review won't be of any use to you publicity-wise (although we have already mentioned a couple of times that we hoped to see the show)

And please make it a good show or my better half will kill me for bringing us through from Glasgow for a show so late in the evening.

Consider 2 tickets sold (or at least they will be in the next day or so once we decide if we'll try and see something else beforehand)

Best wishes for the start of the run,

View From The Stalls

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home