Monday, July 23, 2007

A precious moment away from my burdensome music for two observations about my stalk-ees.

The Man Who Lives Opposite who got a new car. Well, seems it's not just a nice little vintage grey car. But in fact a vintage Porsche. Model I don't know what but something rare. And it is apparently worth something in the region of £60k. (This information courtesy of Ingrid's car-loving cousin.)

The plot thickens. Its MOT is up at the end of the month so is he just car-sitting? Does he work for a garage? As there is (the obsession has deepened to this level) a vintage porsche garage in Edinburgh. Or is he just rich? I must move on from this interest though as I have now 'realised' that he goes away at weekends to visit his girlfriend. Or boyfriend. So no point in putting the sign up in my window. I think he's taken.

And out of cruelty to others comes good fortune for me. The poor boy who I spent months getting the early bus to avoid has now been made redundant. So I'm free to get the 7:55 service when I'm feeling lazy. Today was one such morning. And there, right on cue, was The Man At The Bus Stop. Reading a book. Last time I saw him reading, the book title was "the search for god" or somesuch erudite tome. Brian has read it so I immediately felt a kinship with the man. (Obviously rather unjustifiably as it was Brian that read the book and not me.) Today he was reading something equally worthy-looking called "White Gold" which I felt was something to do with slavery. Though I could be wrong. Intellectual tastes.

Gratifyingly I had my copy of Fast Company for the bus journey. Not that he would have noticed because what freak monitors their bus companion's reading habits..? But I shan't take my current classy novel of the moment, Jilly Cooper's "Wicked", onto the bus with me. Just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home