Saturday, July 28, 2007

Met my sound man last night. A friend of JTs so hope he will turn out to be a friend of mine. He seemed reasonably enthusiastic - in that unvocal unexpressed with any physical or verbal gesture way of the young. And he's taken away my music CD and Andy's faithfully gathered electricity SFX CD.

Conveniently he apparently lives under an electricity pylon so was thinking he might just record its crackles live.

I spoke lovingly of Hamish and the soundtrack he'd put together for Polaroids to try and inspire him to great achievements. He said, rather worringly, he would probably just run it all live on the night. Good. I have eerie visions of having to wrest control of the sound desk from him mid-show as he drowns out the sound of the actors with the noise of an electricity pylon and a background of traffic. But I'm surely being bleak.

Also heard at long last yesterday from the Evening News. In the name of encouraging local talent, they are having an award ceremony this year for local groups. Seems you have to get one of your cast members to fill out a series of questions that they give you and then I guess that coupled with the review of the play serve as the judging criteria.

I am hoping that we will get some press coverage on the back of it. But as their awards night is the Wednesday of our show week, I'm doubtful of the value of it. Though I suppose if we win, people still have time to come and see the show. So it's not all bad!

Off to see my first Fringe show tonight. David Grieg's "Damascus" at the Trav. I suppose it's not technically Fringe as it's a preview show. But it's certainly almost the start. It's quite exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home