Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saw a nice production of Linda Maclean's "Stranger, babies" last night at the Traverse. So engaging that I managed to fall asleep in the climactic scene.

But then maybe I'm just a bit sleepy at the moment as I slept this afternoon through the climactic opening to a Japanese film, "sway" at the Filmhouse. I'll blame my almost non-existent cold. Or the fact that I'd gulped down half a bottle of wine over a light salad for lunch.

Anyway, "Stranger, babies" was notable as far as I was concerned because they dressed and undressed the main character on stage in between scenes in a beautiful half light. Part of the action but not quite. And the assembled company - a small select band of the theatre group - felt that this was a lovely and inventive way to approach things. I wonder if I can somehow shoehorn that into the festival show.

Various cast members were milling around in the bar afterwards. Starstruck as ever, I gazed at them longingly from a distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home