Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So I sent off applications to both the Quaker Meeting House and Diverse Attractions for a late night week 2 slot in the festival.

The QMH came back to me promptly and said they sadly couldn't accommodate us. Given the choice between us - relative unknowns despite my feeble courting - and their stalwart regulars for the prime time slot, I'm not wholly surprised.

But Diverse Attractions, god bless them, said they'd be glad to have us. Didn't get my first choice of week 2 but made it into week 3 for the coveted (by me at least) 9 - 11pm time slot. So we have our venue.

I still haven't heard back from the agent for Tiny Dynamite. Must chase.

But we had a reading a week or so ago of the play at our regular monthly meeting. I went into this with trepidation as I usually try and avoid prior vetting of my script choices. Being a reasonably staid group, I tend to worry that too many "fuck"s will alarm people unduly. And somehow in a read-through, they always leap out at you in a way that you seem to avoid on the stage.

Having said that, I think "Tiny Dynamite" is reasonably staid as far as my play choices go. No paedophilia. No wanking of dead people. Not that much swearing. A kiss or maybe two. But pretty tame in comparison to some of my recent ventures. But nonetheless, I worried.

I needn't have. My readers limped through it valiantly. And I think people were reasonably positive about it. Certainly no-one has vetoed the play choice. Just need to chase up the agent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home