Sunday, May 28, 2006

Just been for a weekend in London, meeting up with - amongst other people - a collection of old school friends. Turns out that there was a school production of "Caucasian Chalk Circle" as well as the version that Ingrid and I did with Roundabout Youth Theatre. Which demonstrates yet again just how terrible my memory is.

Apparently I had nothing to do with this school show. We were in the fifth form and it was a fourth year production. However Ingrid was asked by our beloved drama teacher, Mr Carberry, to play Natella Abashvilli, despite the fact that she was by this point a mature woman amongst teenagers. Clearly however, there were no fourth years worthy of the part. And she was / is a cracking little actress.

I'm astonished that I don't remember as I would have been exceptionally jealous. Clearly it was not enough that Mr Carberry asked her in her third year to take the only speaking part not played by a fourth year in that year's production of The Birds. (And that in this aforementioned show, she got to wear a rainbow covered dress as Iris whereas I had to settle with flitting and swooping as a silent - though extraordinarily colourful - parrot.)

However I don't remember. So it seems that myself or my nearest and dearest have more experience of the CCC - as it is coming to be known - than I had realised. I hope that this will enhance my understanding and intepretation of the piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home