Monday, March 20, 2006

Andy reckons we might be able to get hold of a projector without exhausting the demands of the budget. I guess a minimal set will be a good trade-off. I need now to work out whether interspersing live action with film would work from a dramatic point of view. I've seen it done in dance but not, I think, in the theatre. When I have outlined my thoughts to patient friends, they have usually frowned a little. Which doesn't fill me with confidence.

We now have audition dates set for the festival show so I have a free rein to choose my audition dates for this November show. And I'm trying as hard as I can to spread enthusiasm throughout the group for the show, in the hopes of recruiting most of my cast before I've started anything formal. With 21 people a scene, this could prove optimistic however.

Now I guess I need to crack on and work out what I'm going to cut so who I need by way of a cast. And set myself some audition dates. Before all of that, I should really do some background reading. Anyone know of any good sources on Brecht?

I'm on holiday next week so if I was really dedicated, I'd wander along to the library before I go and pick up some reference material. Sadly, I'm rather more tempted by Louise Bagshawe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home