Monday, May 01, 2006

Set dates for the auditions last night. 10 and 18 June. The committee reasonably asked if I wanted a second opinion - someone sitting in on the auditions as a sounding board. Trouble is finding someone who I think might be helpful. Crazy egomaniac that I am.

I watched Jerry Springer The Opera at the Festival Theatre on Saturday. Which was much better than I thought it would be. But then I had very low expectations. Anyway, there was a stand in the hall for Scottish Youth Theatre. I gather from a friend with child that Saturdays are the days when they run all their stuff at the EFT.

So I darted up to them to enquire about whether they could lend me a child. They did a kind of horrified double take until I explained myself a little more. But it seems that potentially they could. Although weirdly for a £50 admin fee.

So I think I may abandon the idea of using film. Predominantly out of laziness. My friend - who in my head I had lined up to film it - seemed distinctly disinterested in the project. I think his head has been turned by the pleasures of his recent girlfriend...Or he of course could have just been distinctly uninterested in giving up great swathes of his free time for me / Brecht.

But I had also been wondering anxiously about whether cutting to film for the dramatic climax of the piece would ruin the moment. I shall see if I can find a live child and go from there.

It's very exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home