Friday, August 16, 2013

A week on and Ballad of the Burning Star is still at the top of my list.

Now closely followed by The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning, for the production as much as the explicitly stated part-fictional script. 

I loved Grid Iron's Leaving Planet Earth for scale, execution and audacity. 

The Shawshank Redemption at Assembly Rooms is flashy, celebrity-laden but none the worse for that. And boasts a soundscape I'm still fantasising about.

DG's Agnes of God is definitely up there. But if you haven't seen it yet, your loss as it's done.

And The Dumb Waiter at the New Town Theatre is, very final seconds notwithstanding (and thanks to Mr Critic for explaining it to me), a polished to perfection Pinterish treat. 

I also enjoyed this week one of the worst and most poorestly executed pieces of theatre I've seen for a long long time. But no need to draw attention to that. 

Happy Fringe-ing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home