Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Somehow, foolishly, it didn't occur to me that people might want to prepare a song for the JC auditions.

That they might not want to just turn up and I bark out: "Song, please!" and they launch into some amazing a cappella rendition of, for example, the cup song from Pitch Perfect.

Isn't that just how life in amongst our naturally incredibly gifted group membership goes?

Well, actually in the case of the very cool girl who's been in touch with this question, it probably is.

But for the sake of the less Pitch Perfect, the song-istically less spontaneous, our MD to the rescue.

"I was thinking of something easy to sing that everyone'll know", quoth he.

Good. Yes.

"I was thinking Crazy by Gnarls Barkley."

Really? Right. Wow.

Love this song. Arrangement. Whatever.

I loved it on first issue. And loved it more when my short-lived tap teacher (faddy? Me?) (I was short-lived, not she) chose it as the term's routine's soundtrack.

Hope I don't start involuntarily slide into the tap routine during the auditions.

1 Comments:

Blogger the_spiel said...

That can surely only help proceedings!

8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home