Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So what is endlessly surprising about this malarkey is the way in which, at any moment, you can forget a line which you always previously repeated perfectly.

e.g. last night's run of act 2 saw me suddenly and surprisingly say, instead of "tonight we have a lawsuit" - "tonight we have a mortgage". Well, not quite such an unfortunate thing. And awkward to recover from. "A mortgage. Oh and a lawsuit." Well, it hardly trips off the tongue.

This obviously kicked my subconscious back into its panic setting. Last night, I dreamt that I was in the wings of some unspecified theatre waiting to go on in some unspecified play. I was due on stage midway through the first scene but couldn't really remember my cue and could not remember my first line. So I picked up a script lying nearby and flicked through it looking for my line which was on approximately page 30. Couldn't find it. There was no page 30. A table nearby offered someone else's copy of the script. And guess what? No page 30. So I ended up darting about the wings of the theatre in panic picking up copy after copy but none of them offered up the appropriate page with my lines. Luckily I awoke before I had to fatefully step out into the footlights.

A week to go. It figures that the panic would start to bubble up again. Ulp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home