Monday, November 08, 2010

I wrote this last night and fell asleep over the keyboard. But I include it plus nonsensical last sentence for your Monday morning entertainment.

Bumper rehearsal yesterday. 2pm til 9pm. The prospect made me feel slightly faint. Even if it was to be punctuated with pizza.

We were in another 'life-size' space. Always good to get the adrenalin going. And the absurdity, as (fake) sister mine said, of the fact that the backstage people sitting about triggers this sudden realisation that soontime, you'll be doing this in front of a real audience, despite the fact that in my case, they've seen me pretend to act about one hundred times before.

And so a little character work. And then a limp through act one with swifty costume changes. All boded farely well. Pizza break and line run. And then act two.

The lesson here is don't buy an 18" pizza laden with stuffs, gobble it down like a ravenous wild boar and then expect to be able to move about full of nervous agitation while also handily remembering your lines. Because you can't. Or at least, I can't. The first scene of act two was consequently shocking. Lines were fluffy as a soft marshmallow cloud. Acting. Well, less said the better.

But the major cause for celebration is that we managed a full run today. Seems I might be up to remembering all my lines in the right order. But don't tell anyone. It's better if they're concentrating so hard on what you're doing that you can do a small madness and no-one will care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home