Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last night started a little bit sluggish but we got into our groove. As best we were able, at any rate.

I forgot (self self self) two small portions of lines. One which mattered because it deprived DG of the chance to say a line which raises a little ripple of laughter from the audience. And one which mattered because the thing which I went on to say made no sense. But in both cases, I realised only after the event. In the DG line case, because he pointed it out. And in the other case, because it dawned on me a little bit too late that I'd left out the middle of the sentence. But it was too late to reverse.

On the plus side, I didn't once handle the supposedly oven-hot shepherd's pie dish with my bare hands. A careless error on previous nights. I did not shriek so much that I spent the rest of the second act post-fight scene on the verge of being hoarse. Irwin's voice is kind of mostly holding up despite an impending bout of laryngitis. And I don't think we had a single yawning silence last night which must be a first.

The audience were polite to our collective faces (as far as I know).

So we have all the building blocks for a rather super (Isobel speak - must wean myself off this, starting tomorrow) show tonight. Wish us well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home