Monday, November 01, 2010

Yesterday, for the first time, we ran through all of act one in the right order.

Anyone who spends any sort of social time with me will, by now, well know that my great fear has been not so much remembering the lines per se but managing to repeat them all in the right order consecutively.

And it was kind of ok. Well, my monotone delivery was not but Wendy should have focused on was the simple joy that I managed to choke out most of the right words at the right sort of time when I concentrated hard enough. And given that I was slightly the worse for wear after a rather superb Saturday night, this was all the greater achievement.

As I appear to be able to measure my psychological state in my dream life at the moment, last night's was interesting. I was on a boat in some misty marshy fenlands with my sister. For one of these inexplicable dream reasons, we had to transfer a whole bunch of stuff from one boat to another. I was unfamiliar with the layout of these boats so sister showed me to a hideous submerged walkway that consisted really of one rope at water level, principally submerged, with another rope running along at boat height for clutching onto as you edged precariously across.

"But don't be ridiculous", I said to sister, "I can't get across there." "Well you have to", she said with slight sisterly irritation, "it's the only way." So I stepped off with trepidation in my heart. And oddly, as I stepped, the submerged rope became a planked walkway that wasn't submerged at all. Handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home