Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sunday wasn't helped by the fact that I arrived 45 minutes late and furious on account of a delayed plane. Obviously I am grateful that bmibaby chose to ground the plane rather than despatching it with bits hanging off into the air. But I wish they'd rushed the replacement from Jersey a little more quickly. Though the whole logistics of running an airline continues to fascinate me. But this is not a blog about transport methods.

But bless dear patient hard-working eternally kind Neil. He had organised them into some semblance of order and so the time they spent vulnerable, directorless and afraid - with luck - wasn't totally wasted.

And the run-through was pretty respectable. The music is shaping up brilliantly. My only mild concern is the vanity trip at the end of the first act. But I have every faith that Caliban will execute it with such aplomb that people will be left weeping in the aisles (if we had aisles). So perhaps it'll work ok. My fault if it doesn't.

Tuesday's rehearsal veered between patches of remarkable perfection that made me hug myself with rapturous delight. And patches of shame. But we have a whole week and a half to iron out these latter patches so no need to worry. With luck (lots of luck being cited in this post, I notice!), fine sturdy groundwork for smoothening out the brilliance has been laid.

And now it's all starting to settle down again. The bi*ch situation is in desperate need of resolution but plans are afoot for so doing. My set design and costume ladies are back on this landmass which is a peculiar relief. Props were delivered to one location on Tuesday and (thanks, GM) will be delivered to another tomorrow. I've sent off my blurb to Mr Rudden to qualify us for the esteemed ENDAs. Oh and most excitingly today, the Independent - I mean, THE Independent - phoned me asking for photos of the show for Sunday's Arts and Books supplement. I have faced the biting disappointment of the no show picture with The List already this month. But perhaps the law of averages suggests that sooner or later - of course, with luck - one of DKPW's boat photos will appear in some sort of national press. Fingers (luckily) crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home