Sunday, July 11, 2010

The photo, by the way, (in response to some quizzing) is just because I like it. Product of my visit to London a couple of months ago and a brunch / lunch in favourite Smiths of Smithfield with my girls on the Sunday afternoon.

Irrelevant but possibly more noteworthy (though that wouldn't be hard), I've just been to see Heartbreaker / L'arnacoeur. It features the incredibly handsome man from The Beat That My Heart Skipped. But don't be fooled into thinking that this was my sole reason for going to see it. No. Wrong. Obviously I'm a real lover of romantic comedy so it was for this reason that I sought it out despite rather mixed reviews.

And I was pleasantly surprised.Romain Duris, true to form, is delicious. Though he fights for adorability with the very beautiful Vanessa Paradis. The plot is ridiculous but redeemed slightly by two great supporting performances from sister of Romain and brother-in-law who bring a lovely sometimes pathos sometimes comedy to the silly tale.

But you see, unlike Jason Solomons, I don't find Duris' arrogance and dishonesty hard to admire. I don't believe that Vanessa didn't hint at any interior charm. (And even if she did, who would care?) And I love Dirty Dancing. All in, a bit of a delightful romp. See it if you have room for frothy French nonsense in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home