Friday, June 12, 2009

First read-through for Antig last night. Most people turned up. Certainly all those that were supposed to were there. Which is always a bit of a relief. The latest was approx 4 to 5 minutes so that wasn't too bad. Though it did accidentally provoke me to give as close as I ever get to a lecture.

I remembered to mention membership forms without prompting. I spoke loosely and uninformatively about the set. I suggested that I reserved the right to call extra rehearsals should we need them though we shouldn't unless it went disastrously wrong. And I urged people to come for a drink afterwards.

And the reading ran to time despite a little fussing about how you pronounce the names. People read very well. I don't think it's too tiresome a play. And then they all trickled along the road to the pub. And it was nice, you know?

I hope hope hope that it goes on in this way. My last cast approximating to this size was for CCC. And we all know how that went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home