Friday, March 28, 2008

Humiliating times last night. DG has cut much of my shivering, shaking and fitting in DL. (Which is Dangerous Liaisons.) But at one particularly dramatic moment, some reaction to suggest I am ailing is called for. So the consensus was that this should be represented with a faint.

So poor Matt. Last night, we tried various versions of me slumping into his arms. From a standing start. From the edge of a platform. Forwards and backwards. Worse still, he then has to pick me up and carry me across the stage and lay me down on a convenient chaise longue. He managed manfully but even masterful DG appeared to stagger when he tried to demonstrate so I fear the internal anguish which Matt suffered but strove not to show facially as he hauled me around the stage. I made Russell pick me up this morning to see how easy it would be and I thought his head was going to burst. So hats off to Matt for remaining apparently calm.

By the time we finished all the fainting, I was sweating like a slimy fish. An unappealing, heavy and slippery prospect.

On another matter altogether, I saw the Man At The Bus Stop both this morning at the bus stop and then again - shock - in the local shopping centre at lunchtime with - shock - a woman. I have never seen him with anyone before so my heart sang with joy for him. It didn't look like his mother. She looked of an age with him. Maybe a lover. Maybe a wife. Maybe a friend or dull long-suffered colleague. But nonetheless some company for him. We exchanged another of those startled out-of-context looks / half smiles. I wish I'd been quick witted enough to give him a thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home