Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Frabjous day. The Man At The Bus Stop was there this morning.

It was my own slovenliness that led to the encounter. I've been getting the 7:30am bus for weeks and months. But last night, I enjoyed a drink at the pub after the 4:48 rehearsal (which lacked concentration) and I thought that the extra precious 15 minutes in bed would be worth the delay in arrival at work.

So dragging along to the bus stop at 7:50, I was ambling and meandering waiting and waiting. And suddenly there was The Man. Who didn't appear to have shaved but at least he's alive!

He's obviously a cannier bus taker than I. I jumped on the first bus to come that goes in the required direction and it piled fuller and fuller of schoolchildren as it wended its way. Then a child started wailing and screaming. I saw the bus that had arrived behind the first bus and was bearing The Man At The Bus Stop snaking ahead of my bus. And I thought momentarily about wailing too.

I shall be cleverer tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home