Friday, March 14, 2008

Dangerous Liaisons. We had a character workshop on Monday that was really a group bonding session, intended I think to persuade us all that it was a simple day-to-day occurence to be falling half-dressed onto couches with each other. Luckily, we did not end up running round semi-naked with each other as I'd feared. Although I managed nonetheless to humiliate myself by wheezing with laughter throughout a bonding exercise lying on the floor in the midst of the group. Good self-control, child. I was proud of myself. Not.

Thursday saw us start blocking it. I'm a cynical bitch at the best of times. You'll have gathered this by now. Delighted at the prospect of acting in something respectable, I was nonetheless horrifed at the prospect of having to shiver, faint and weep uncontrollably at the touch of Valmont. However, to my eternal gratitude, Mr G seems to have abandoned many of the ridiculously melodramatic stage directions. I happily scored through a bunch of them last night.

So I look forward with even more pronounced anticipation now to this production. Thanks, Mr G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home