Saturday, January 26, 2008

Most recent rehearsal was with the so-called chorus. First time for them off the script. I fully expected it to be a complete shambles as their dailogue is so random and strange. But they did remarkably well.

There's a horrific passage of 7 verses of random words, each verse has four lines with maybe 8 to 10 words in each of the kind which read maybe:

flash flicker dab slash flicker burn flash stab float

And I'm encouraging / telling the poor bastards to learn whole lines of this stuff, some of which is be recited in unison with others. A horrendous task but I'm sticking to my guns for the time being in the hope that they can do it.

None of them had managed to learn their portion of this "dialogue" for Tuesday. Except for dear Siobhan who did incredibly well with the final communal verse. So hats off to her.

Unfortunately Caroline has now joined rehearsals as prompt. Unfortunately because I find that when she giggles, I giggle. And it doesn't take very much to start either of us snickering. The poor cast were interrupted continually with one or other of us chortling away in the most irritating fashion. I am surprised no-one set off towards us to give us slaps.

But this aside, it all went remarkably smoothly. I hope and dream that the cast are having a nicer time doing this than some of the other productions I've been recently guiding. But luckily they're a pretty polite bunch so I doubt I'd know if they hated it. The director's privilege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home