Friday, January 18, 2008

Lovely rehearsal last night (I thought! I hasten to add).

All of my cast in one room which is always reassuring for a director.

Introductions for those that hadn't met her to the lovely-voiced Alex who guzzled chips as she staggered through the early porrtion of the play.

The chorus mostly remembered their blocking - aside from a few comedy creeping walks which appears to the recourse of the actor who can't remember where to go. So cue a weird hunched and stooping movement to reach something approximating where they think they should be. It's a shame that they couldn't do this in front of a real audience as that would surely add some humour to the endeavour.

A lot of line-learning has been going in, in advance of the books down date which is quite exciting. And this of course makes an amazing difference as suddenly you can see actors' faces which is a nice change to tops of heads lost in scripts.

And I think it's looking pretty good. Even with the ugly chairs. Of course I'm horribly biased.

Alarmingly a few people at work have been talking about coming to see it. I know it's wrong to deter them. But I don't want my colleagues to know what a dark twisted freak I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home