Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Last of my Traverse writer's workshops last night. And I was overwhelmed with the usual 'almost ending' nostalgia. I'm a hopeless romantic.

I discovered to my horror that Zinnie Harris, she of "Further than the Furthest Thing" who has been leading our workshops, is only 2 years older than me and alongside writing god knows how many plays, various episodes of Spooks, directing for various companies including the RSC and marrying a composer, has found time to have 2 children. I felt inadequate.

But consolation came in the form of a conversation about the crazy Doll's House with the dwarves that featured in this year's International Festival. Zinnie thought it was wonderful - but only because the second act had redeemed it. I confessed that I had snuck out at the interval. She said "oh then you're just like John Tiffany. He hated it and left at the interval too." My heart sang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home