Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Man At The Bus Stop was reading Philip Pullman on Friday.

On Saturday I was very cultural and went to see a (rubbishy) aerial show at Ocean Terminal ("The Night Before Christmas") and then rather more rewardingly, a Stellar Quines rehearsed reading at the Trav which was very interesting. And the director was hot which helped to hold my attention.

On Sunday I had my auditions for 4:48. Ten people turned up which paniced me a bit as I'd envisaged a choice three or four so I could just cast them all, divvy up the lines and get on with it. I hate telling people they're not cast. I always feel rather crazily as if I'm letting them down. But ten is too many I think so I need to start on some kind of whittling down process.

Helpfully a couple of them have already fallen by the wayside. Gordon realised that he would be in Paris at the time of the festival - entirely my fault for not posting the show dates on our website. Dummy dummy. And then Gary emailed me saying that on reflection, he thought it was "too arty". Something of a euphemism I'm sure. But it cuts down my list of people I'll need to phone and not cast. So I suppose it's all to the good.

This week my final playwriting Trav workshop has been pulled forward. Having crammed reading two plays and writing some scrappy piece into the last fortnight, I need to watch a movie and write a self-contained piece of script - say just about ten minutes - for Monday coming. Five days away.

ArrGGhhhh. But I do bring it upon myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home