Monday, August 13, 2007

My festival going began in earnest at the weekend. "England" by Tim Crouch at the Fruitmarket Gallery kicked off my Friday night. I was pretty impressed. Interesting script and more interesting concept (lines were mostly not pre-allocated to the two actors - they just pick and chose who said what on the hoof). I thought it was pretty effective whereas Ross was less impressed. But then I liked the story more than Ross did.

But a catalogue of misfortunes involving Siobhan, wrong venues and free flip-flops saw us starting on the rose wine when I'd meant to go home and finished with Ross and I drunk as little skunks in Potterrow at 5am. The out of focus-ness of the pic is pretty fitting.

Saturday afternoon saw me slumped through Harry Potter. Not exactly cutting edge intellectual cinema but entertaining and I continue to love Alan Rickman. The evening saw us at Big Village's "Almost Haunted" which was great fun. And Ross, despite a hangover from hell, did marvellously. And on Sunday evening, I caught "Ballerina who loves a b-boy" at ClubWest. Which was a cracking show. Not sure if I'd agree with the Scotsman's 5 stars but there was some magic break dancing and a charming 'innocent sweet girl turns funky cool street kid' story so I was quite happy.

In between all of this, I sandwiched (Anthony is still saying sangwich - I suspect he's a lost cause now) a cheeky little rehearsal. Dearest Iain has been devoting most of his time as far as I can tell to collecting SFX for the play. So we got some of them on Sunday afternoon before he darted off to his Fringe show.

And they did a pretty credible run-through. Almost no prompts. Only setback was when the vase - which we were convinced was plastic - shattered into several hundred pieces when it was swept to the ground. So we'll be needing a new vase. And rather mysteriously, someone seems to have stolen our suitcase (unfortunate as it belongs to Caroline) and our box of bananas.

So if you're out there and selling them on ebay, can we have them back for another fortnight? Then you can feel free...

1 Comments:

Blogger imw said...

Keep speaking the Queen's English Anthony.

10:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home