Monday, July 16, 2007

Having been directed by Christelle in previous productions, I remember it always used to bug me that she would sit beaming delightedly as we went through our paces at rehearsal after rehearsal. Almost no matter how bad we were, she would beam delightedly anyway.

But now I see that I have become that person. Even despite another incredibly measley portion of sleep the night before. (A night at Vegas in Princes Street Gardens which predictably made me think that Elvis' "Too Good to be True" would be a great choice of song for the soundtrack.)

We had the first full run-through yesterday. And they were just lovely. Of course there are lots of things to tighten up. Lots more lines to be learnt. Lots more stage directions to be remembered. Lots more opportunity to act rather than reciting words much as a parrot might. But on the whole, given that this was the first time since the initial read-through that we'd strung all the words together in the right order, it was pretty good. So I sat grinning like a lunatic throughout.

It helps that the lovely Andy seems to be as enamoured with the play as I am. And I'd lured Ross along as well to see whether he thought there was anything dreadful going on with it. I love this stage of a play when it starts looking like a proper show and your technical people are collecting around you and things are really starting to happen.

It also helps that I have a cracking set of actors. So you should book your tickets. My dream is to sell out on the fringe website before we start. I should really start distributing some flyers. And getting my T-shirts printed. Give me a shout if you want one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home