Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The comparison started innocently enough. I was at a 40th birthday party at the weekend, seven miles outside of Stamford. Remarkably near my old (brief) stamping ground in fact.

And at about midnight, I stumbled into the field nearest the accoustic tent to find people lighting kind of baby hot air balloons. Big white shell like things (rather like condoms in fact) with a little circular bit at the base that they lit, so it filled the shell thing with hot air and then floated up and off, forming a rather grand procession across the midnight sky.

(Sadly I think the birthday boy missed it all as he was fiddling with the stereo system in the other tent which someone had seen fit to fiddle with in a breaking way earlier, bringing the cheery ska soundtrack to a halt.)

So I was thinking about this fiery procession this morning, wishing that I could somehow incorporate fire into Tiny Dynamite. As I'm sure Diverse Attractions would love that. But then my ambitions expanded and grew and I started fantasising about a site-specific thing. (The party site of course with all its tree-lined nooks, leafy crannies and babbling brooks would have been perfect.) But I shall have to scale back my ambitions.

Good news is I caught up with Andy at his BBQ the next day and he says I can have my extra rostra. And the dear best lighting man in Edinburgh has sent me a link for sugary (crushable) lightbulbs. Only bad news is my potential sound technician is selfishly teaching sailing in Turkey this summer. Thoughtless bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home