Monday, January 08, 2007

Something disastrous happened.

I started writing this blog way back when as a publicity stunt. I perhaps rather wistfully thought having a blog charting the progress of the play might attract some media interest. But despite my feeble feelers as the play date approached, no media fish bit. And my blog remained unread.

So I thought.

So my last feeble post (note the long time lapse between the last and the current post) was intended as an honourable record of mournful events to entertain me in my cyber dotage. It was not intended as a mournful cry for help. It was not intended to be read really.

But the worst that could have happened, did. Within 48 hours of posting, I received 2 fulsome apologies. Sincerely meant, I believe. And so got a horrifying brush with my own mini Kryptonite scenario. They were both very sweet but I’m sure I was ungracious in my embarrassment. So lesson learnt. Keep that which you want no-one to know well away from the ether. Those that you least want to read it will clearly hunt you down in your darkest hour.

Thank god I was reasonably polite about people during my limp through the production process. And I was only curbing my tongue then for the sake of the hundreds of journalists who’d be covering my trials and tribulations.

I might – because I’m hopelessly derivative always – take a leaf out of Belle du Jour’s blog and allocate people mystical letters. For the sake of a quieter life. The alternative – bin the blog and go back to my former discrete life – seems like a lacklustre cop-out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home