Saturday, November 11, 2006

Went to see Mary Stuart at the Lyceum this afternoon. They did a nice line in panic at impending doom. It reminded me (again) to impress upon my peasants that they should seem more terrified by the revolution developing in their midst.

I'm typing this with a black cat perched on the table next to my laptop. Now she's turned away and only the tail end of her bottom is planted on the keyboard. Anyway, I digress.

We met poor injured Nick after the show for a drink and the conversation inevitably turned to the show. It struck me again how much I forget. I was mournfully bemoaning the fact that I've only heard 3 tracks of my sound score so far and we have the tech tomorrow. And someone cheerfully reminded me of how Siobhan had turned up her nose at the choice of opening track when I played it at the rehearsal the other day. I apparently defiantly retorted that I liked it.

I do feel slightly apprehensive about the music. As no-one has really heard much of it. In fact, people have only heard the start and the end tracks. And the poor buggers have no idea really about how it's all going to fit together. I suppose that's what the tech is for..? And what if they hate it all..? They could so easily not appreciate the marvellous wit of my choices...

Still, there are so many other things which could be disastrous tomorrow, I expect that the music will be the least of my worries. I discovered the other night that my sound technician previously did the sound at Live8 and at last year's Hogmanay Concert in the Gardens. So I hardly need to worry about him.

Anyway, I think the cat keeps pressing something. I'm going to post this before the cat strikes delete and my painstaking typing is lost...

Wish us luck tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home