Friday, October 20, 2006

Well, it was bound to happen. I've already cancelled one rehearsal this week. I had a client night out (i.e. obligatory) in Glasgow on Thursday so moved the rehearsal to Wednesday. Then I had to do focus groups in Dundee on Wednesday so I binned the rehearsal altogether. They'll just have to work harder on Sunday. Then of course I ended up doing focus groups in Glasgow last night and rushing from that to the night out (The Grill Room on Royal Exchange Square - definitely worth the rush as I had some delicious sea bass with a charming set of clients).

But it's all happening again. Next week I'm rehearsing Tues and Thurs and I've got groups on Monday and Wednesday. Monday in Edinburgh at least and Wednesday in Aberdeen. But no. That's not enough. So seems I might have to haul myself through to Glasgow on the Thursday night as support for some more groups. And I want to wail: "but what about my play?" It is surely one of the least compatible day jobs with an evening hobby. Well I guess the trouble is that it isn't simply a day job.

I think I'm going to slyly not tell the cast that I might not be able to make it and get someone else to take the rehearsal if need be. So Brian, if you're reading this, don't tell. But we've only got 4, almost 3 weeks and I can't be cancelling more rehearsals. Cruel times.

Still, tonight could have been worse. Had a depth interview booked for 6:30 (on a Friday?!) and she turned up almost an hour early so now I'm done and can run run away. So of course I could have taken the ticket I was offered to the Scottish Advertising Awards because I'd have been done in plenty time to make the start of dinner. Yowwwlll.

Happy days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, thanks for stopping by my blog.

This post reminds me how making theatre, even when you've planned rehearsals to the fullest extent, still requires more time than you expected.

Any prospects of touring with this production...preferably down to London so I could come along?

I hope it all goes well.

Best wishes,

Andrew.

8:10 am  
Blogger imw said...

My lips are sealed.

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home