Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Scene 2 last night. With almost a complete cast in attendance. Aside from the lovely Danny who's in New York. And Margaret who has her dancing on a Tuesday night. And Sarah who was working / ailing. And Nigel who has something I don't know what on a Tuesday. But aside from this, all present and correct. And as most people are in scene 2, this was quite a feat.

I tried a little cast bonding to kick things off on the grounds that rehearsals to date have been dull and humourless in my bid to just tell people where they need to be standing and when (and oh my god Peter Brook chastises this kind of director - the deadliest apparently). So we played a brilliant (to my mind) game which I learnt about at the weekend from poor snapped achilles tendon Nick. I can see the game holds greater appeal when played by a nubile pack of 20 year old women. But 'sticky toffee pudding' in CCC style amused me nonetheless.

And we did valuable work (I thought) on the scene. The servants at last I think realise when they bring suitcases etc. onto the stage. We worked out how to get them off again when necessary. Did some good character work (I thought). Tried to persuade people not to recite their lines in the manner of probably great epic theatre. And when we did a final run through of the scene with everyone (who was there) off their books, it was looking pretty good. Keep your fingers crossed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home