Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's all beginnning. It's extremely exciting.

Lovely Mary O emailed me today asking for a bit of blurb for a letter we're sending to All Schools urging them to entertain the thought of our fine Shakespearean programme of events.

So here is my first stab at it:

Antony and Cleopatra is a timeless tale of lovers – and countries – at war. Antony’s wife dies, freeing him to be with long-held love, the sultry Cleopatra. But to advance his military cause, he marries Caesar’s sister, setting in train a tragic course of events.

One of Shakespeare’s greatest plays, this production provides a rare chance to see the tale updated to the modern day and served up in bite-sized format. Miss it and may the wrath of Eygpt fall upon you.

To be accompanied by favourite quote that the attentive amongst you will have seen already.

“Sir, you and I must part, but that’s not it

Sir, you and I have loved, but there’s not it:

That you know well: something it is I would,

O, my oblivion is a very Antony,

And I am all forgotten.”

(Google's own sizing at play here.)

(Promise.)

Comments on postcards, please.

As I've got months to make it better.

My very own exercise in crowd-sourcing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home