Sunday, February 06, 2011

May I be permitted to rail against the horrible fact that the stuff of life takes up so much time..? Just briefly. So I don't waste too much more of it.

Today is a beautiful case in point. Obviously it depends on your definition of necessary stuff of life. But I think most who know me would agree that I'm pretty low maintenance. If not low to no maintenance. Today, I had to go to the gym, do some washing, some washing up, some bits and pieces online, a fragment of work that I didn't finish yesterday. The list of things I should do is obviously much longer.

And yes, I slackly got up rather later than I could've. And then I frittered the time away with some online not at all necessary stuffs, made a clumsy attempt to go to the cinema, decided I'd embark on a rare food shop instead, got distracted by the siren call of rival retail outlets, bought things that were long overdue anyway (never good when a work colleague comments on a hole in your leggings and a loyal female co-worker jumps in with "it's not a run, it's a hole and holes are acceptable") and that was another hour and a half guzzled up.

Why can there not be more time to do the things I like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home