Friday, December 31, 2010

A final visit to the gym for 2010. And it felt a strangely fitting way to round off the year.

As the gym - or rather the exercise bike - has been home to a merry plethora of line learning this year.

First up was the Bad Fairy. Although she wasn't really so bad, was she? She was just in love with the wrong person. (Conveniently forgetting all the wickedness she dealt out to the innocent shepherdess and fool Harlequin.) Of this, I miss my not tutu and my wand.

Then we had the tiny portion of Much Ado. Of this I miss a multitude of lines. The favourite veers between the dog barking at the crow, disdain should die and the strange as the thing I know not speech, depending on how sentimental I'm feeling.

And then the long suffering Isobel with a multitude of lines that I don't miss at all and a handful that I do.

And a little bit of a Tempest slipped in between. I've finally succumbed and hung the commemorative photo on the wall. Four months on can't be accused of dwelling on it, surely?

So these lines and these costumes and these scenes slipped through my head as I stared at the (now presumably incredibly well-educated) exercise bike from my scrunchy sit-up position. Topped off by the most beautiful orange sienna sunset as I stood atop the gym steps looking out over the sea to slightly snow-capped Fife.

Happy Hogmanay when it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home