Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm shocked again at how much time Christmas takes up. Wrapping and writing letters of long-neglected friends shame and packing and posting. Principally this accounts for this week's negelected blog.

Though Thursday was a night of drunken indolence - and living out unfulfilled dreams of being Tallulah. Considerately, our work Christmas party was given a Bugsy Malone theme. I've wanted always always since the age of 9 to be both Tallulah ("I try to leave a little reputation behind me, so if you really need to, you know how to find me") and Blousey ("Only a fool, like fools before me") Brown. But clearly now, I'm far too withered. So the Christmas party presented the perfect opportunity (in a non-threatening environment) to address this. The only let down was my hairdresser's lie that she could create pin curls. It's lucky Jodie Foster had someone rather more ept tending to her on set.

As variations on a theme, I dreamt that I was cast as little orphan Annie in the stage show of the same name. The fact that I, a grown woman amongst a sea of children, might look a little out of place, luckily didn't occur to the director. So now, like a two tailed dog, I hardly know whether to choose Tallulah or "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love yah, tomorrow, you're only etc etc." for my shower time sing song. Harmonious days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home