Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Well. A chaotic Friday was brought to a rousing close by the delightful news that my beloved Ingrid had her baby. Maeve Rose. One of those glorious moments when I thought I'd had a tough time of it. But hey, at least I'd not been in labour for however many hours.

I had a little sliver of culture with Public Enemies this weekend. A very good-looking film - and clearly Johnny Depp was his usual fine self - but do you know, I don't know if I'd've directed it quite like that. As obviously, I am well-placed to comment.

And then a fat sliver of nothing like culture with Transformers the whatever whatever version it is. The return of the big good one or something. I expected to love this far less than Mr Depp's effort but I fancied some popcorn nonsense and it was perfectly that and brilliant fun for it.

My Sunday rehearsal brought my first dread irritation. I knew it was all too good to be true. One of my actors (I dare not mention names) didn't turn up. Oh, well, actually two of them didn't turn up but I knew that one of them wouldn't. That was the difference.

And then you're in that funny situation where you're completely wildly furious but trying not to show it as maybe that's not fair on everyone else so yes, let's pretend I just feel very casaul and airy about it. And then of course everyone thinks I don't care because I'm a SLACK DIRECTOR. Win win situation, n'est-ce pas?

Aside from the fact that I was frothing with irritation and much of the time of my poor silent ones, one of whom had dragged herself along in the aftermath of her 18th birthday party (so she'll have been particularly appreciative), was wasted (too long a sentence - a sign of irritation), it was a productive enough rehearsal.

And it was all beautifully concluded with the unveiling of The Flyer. Lorraine and Jon (for it is his art which adorns it) have done a cracking job. We should have real physical copies of it for the end of the week. How very very (not at all irritated about the other thing) exciting.

Still, I daresay this particular person will be at the next rehearsal. I'm not worried... So not worried that I haven't been anxiously cautiously envisaging myself stepping into the breach if need be. Ulp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home