Friday, July 03, 2009

I am enjoying this show to the point where I'm starting to think there might be something seriously wrong. Like everyone in the cast in actual fact hates me, for example.

Had another rehearsal yesterday, this time with my 3 silent vitally important supporting actors. And a few of the actors that get a few lines as well. But this was the first time I had all three silent supporters so I was very curious to see how it would look, whether it would fit, whether they would tread on each other and so forth.

Part of the excitement and delight I think comes from the fact that Heather, Ms Military Consultant, is excelling herself when it comes to tutoring both speaking and mute soldiers in proper soldier etiquette. Just watching them all marching about ridiculously makes me clap with delight. (Maybe I should have just become an Army band leader???)

I guess I'm also consoled by the fact that it all seems to be looking pretty respectable. My actors are doing very capably. Some of them are clearly busy learning their lines already and we don't have books down day for another two weeks. And they're all being very pleasant to my face. Susan is bombarding me with emails about costumes and happily, Shirley / Antigone's dress of hope as handed over yesterday fits. So this is one less garment for Susan to 'whip up'.

And so all in all, we seem to be making headway.

Of course I know well that this is always the point I get delightfully excited and then the books go down, no-one can remember what to say and it all shabbily disintegrates. How many times have I written this before? But while that date is a whole two weeks away, I shall enjoy my delight while I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home