Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In a pathetic attempt to earn my keep as general manager of our November show, I took a rehearsal last week in the absence of the director. I say 'took' but that probably overstates the case rather as I didn't actually do all that much beyond sitting in front of the actors in the prime central omniscient seat making stupid facetious comments as they shambled around like a pack of confused animals gathering in the slaughterhouse pen.

However it demonstrated neatly to me that somehow directing a large cast doesn't need to be so bad. Or maybe this lot are just incredibly tolerant, obedient and kind. Either way, I had a great time. I was loving 'directing' but not having any responsibility for the end product.

Incidentally, despite my best efforts to be 'poached' by Arkle to direct for them next year, I feel my hopes may again be dashed as I hear on the grapey vine that he's already talking to potential candidates. And I clearly am not one. What will I have to do to make him think of me..?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home