Sunday, February 02, 2020

A lovely day and a half. You know, I love seeing stuff. Shows and the like. And I love words. So really, it's hard to beat spending a day and a bit watching stuff and writing about it.

Manipulate started yesterday. 

I kicked it off with this which was funny, repeat back the lines afterwards because they make you chortle / you can't quite believe they could get away with saying such things. And at the same time, I think back and admire how they whisked you in a heartbeat from guffawing to holding your breath at the pathos of it. I want to do what you've done, Caitlin Skinner and Melanie Jordan

I saw a couple of things this afternoon - you'll have to wait in suspense to find out about them as they're not published yet.

And topped it off with an incredible thing called Sketches. Dance. Bach's Violin Concerto (in A Minor) played live by a string quintet. And a live DJ. At Summerhall. Aside from some fankling around with sightlines and trying to see as we were all on the flat and all left roaming, it was magic. Joyce and Mark Fisher were both in so I'm looking forward to finding out what it meant. But I don't know that I care too much as it was gorgeous. 

I think Manipulate has found its spiritual home. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home