Saturday, January 11, 2020

So if I'm going to do this striking out on my own thing, I need a name, some sort of social media presence and I've convinced myself I need a website. Though I can't yet tell whether I actually need a website or think I need one as a form of procrastinating.

Over the festive time for example, I found it much easier to think about all the things I'd put on this imaginary website than I did about the actual script. Arguably the thing that is least important in comparison to the actual words I put upon the stage. 

The name itself is straight-forward enough. I've dreamed about being Lightbox Theatre since attending a coffee shop in Sydney three years ago. But some might say (and others have indeed said) that this is an unremarkable name in the context of theatre companies.

So perhaps there is another name that has been used previously, that consequently has an (albeit very meagre) online presence and could therefore be built upon. 

How handy. There is. When we did #likes in possibly also 2016, I needed a name as we entered a play competition that my almer mater was also entering. Then we were (I was) Production Lines. So we have a Twitter account (visit it! Follow it!). What more start does a company need?

But then back to the website. Do I need one? I guess I could cobble something together. But if only I knew someone that had more experience than me. I've been giving a lot of thought to the sort of person that could build a site of the quality that is called for. And I think it's possibly someone who's already built a site of their own. Maybe for a Resident's Association or something similar. Oh, but I don't know anyone like that. Back to stumbling by alone. 

1 Comments:

Blogger imw said...

Just catching up on posts I haven't read. I think I know someone although there are those better qualified.

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home