Wednesday, May 22, 2019

(Part two.)

The librarian could not. He told me the book cost £90. They didn't have a copy in the lbrary. I felt sad and crushed.

BUT

He thought they might have a copy in the university library. 

He looked it up.

HOORAY!

They had it.

But then there's the tiny flaw that I can't get into the university library. (And I felt a brief flood of nostalgia for the days when I revised (the brief days) from home in Nottingham at the local university library during my summer holidays.)

But wait!

The man - the librarian man - tells me of a miraculous card that the library provides that gives you access to many many other libraries in Edinburgh, including the university library. "It only lasts for a year", he said apologetically. Well, friend, I have four weeks (at that point) so that's not too much of an issue.

Better and better. (Another miracle of Joan.) He can prepare one of these special little cards for me there and then. My heart dances. I skip awayh from the library reflecting on how lucky I am to live in a world where there is so much access to information. Lucky days. 

So that Saturday, I hurriedly head into town, bound for the university library, heart full of hope and a yearning for Inquisitorial answers. 

Again, I need to dismount the bus. To be continued.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home