Wednesday, August 02, 2017

That awful thing happened yesterday. The thing that I can barely countenance at this time of year.

A work colleague got on my bus to work at the same time as me. He was at my bus stop. I ran up the stairs when I clambered on. He followed! I wanted to shriek "you don't understand! I don't have time for pleasantries!" But thank goodness, I managed to hold my tongue. 

In fact, work colleague is unjust. I might even go so far as to say friend. (So how unjust that I see him and fill instantly with irritation. How dare he be at "my" bus stop?!) But it's a sad tribute to my tunnel vision mind right now that the thought of spending twenty minutes not frantically pouring over my to do list was intolerable. 

I won't know what to do with myself in a week and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home