Sunday, October 28, 2012

I went to a workshop at the Traverse yesterday.

Though I didn't realise it was a workshop.

I believed I was attending an event featuring someone talking to me about a thing I felt I should know about.

A playwriting competition that - this time - might be the one to spur me on to sudden artistic brilliance.

Unfortunately for me and my sluggard's head, it was a workshop. A writing workshop.

Anyway.

They asked us what writers should write about.

Which I think is a brilliant question.

I seized the opportunity to rant to my small group about The Unauthorised Kate Bane.

Ah, said one lady who had the look - you know That Look - of a writer, perhaps she was trying to make you angry about being angry about being middle class.

Man alive, existential stuff.

She said she would go and see it as it sounded really interesting.

So Writer Lady, if you're reading this, tell me what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home