Tuesday, August 21, 2012

If you're a fan of brilliant theatre, exquisitely acted, considerately directed, conscientiously composed and beautifully set, you could do a whole lot worse than Guillermo Calderon's / Teatro Playa's double bill: Villa + Discurso.

For two nights only. And one of them is gone already.

I'll be interested to see what Mark and Joyce and Lyn make of it. For they were all there (The Hub) last night.

And I'd be lying if I said I stayed entirely awake for all of it.

(Hence, my interest in the critical opinion.)

But theatre just as it should be, to my mind.

Knowingly, the couple next to me (and therein lies another story) said, as the clapping drained slowly away for the final piece, Discurso, "you'll be wanting to direct that next, then?"

Just need to find a translation first. I don't think my Spanish is quite up to it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home