Wednesday, January 06, 2010

So, let the rehearsals commence for 2010. I think we snuck in before The Proposal by some considerable days. Not that it's a competition....

But poor my friend Mr Neill (MFMN). In case you somehow haven't heard, we're fairly snow burdened up here just now. The snow was in fact lashing my face last night as I left work to head to faithful rehearsal premises on t'other side of town.

The cast of Polished By Love is 8. The full cast was called last night. 3 attended. Now to be fair, we had a whole plethora of excuses:

1. a trip home (planned neatly it appears to the ignorant onlooker to miss the first 3 rehearsals. Why not go home over Christmas like a normal person?)
2. a rehearsal for a rival (rubbish) play
3. a bout of flu
4. an American holiday (also technically a trip home to be fair to this one)
5. a cracked open head

As it happened, none was directly snow related. Aside possibly from the fifth which is also the one which must cause us most concern as the cracked head belongs to my young (too young) love. Who was incommunicado yesterday, whether due to apathy, enforced inaction or unconsciousness. The incident took place on the ice at some point the day before. So we must will his speedy recovery. As to the others, pull yourselves together, I say. Mr Neill needs you.

2 Comments:

Blogger the_spiel said...

I was going to object to your characterisation of my rival play, but decided it was probably fair enough!

1:17 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

Self-professedly rubbish, I hasten to add. Though he's coming round to the idea that it might be quite good now.

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home