Saturday, October 17, 2009

I've been stubbornly avoiding jet lag since I first set sail from this land three weeks ago. But it finally took its toll last night. Unfortunately at just the hour that I had an appointment at the Lyceum with Confessions of a Justified Sinner.

I saw perhaps the first five minutes of it when the modern day policeman hilariously fell into the open grave. But my eyes began to shut as soon as the first actor in period costume stepped onto the stage and started declaiming. I awoke just before the interval, managed to take in a strawberry ice-cream, only for my lids to become heavy again when act two resumed. I managed to catch 8 to 10 minutes of that act but by then, as I neither knew nor particularly cared about what had been going on in the intervening time, I thought I may as well rest again.

I woke up for the curtain call and discovered, much to my surprise, that the main protagonist - the man who apparently made some sort of pact with the devil - looked remarkably like his devilish counterpart. But that aside, I can make little justified comment on this particular Lyceum / Mark Thomas offering. Although they did appear to make fine use of a revolve.

I feel a bit guilty as I've been entering into perky twebate (might I say that??!) with the Lyceum about my impending visit to the show. I feel I can hardly now tweet (twit??) the terrible truth.

Having said this, I simply went to see this show because Mother presented me with a ticket. Offered it to both Ross and I in fact and he benevolently sacrificed the pleasure for me. So on the grounds that I wouldn't have gone to see it in the normal run of things and as the fabulously priced preview ticket cost me all of £5, I don't feel I've sacrificed too much to my cat nap.

On the plus side, the nap fortified to drink on into the small hours. So it was possibly £5 well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home