Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A sinister incident on the tram on my way home this evening. I was sitting gazing vacantly ahead as is my wont (until I draw close to my destination at which point I start darting panicy looks about me to try and work out where I am). I was aware suddenly of a man in a suit and a dark smart coat standing at my shoulder. He had murmured something in a soft sinister voice but I assumed not to me as he was standing directly behind my shoulder. But then he stepped forward slightly and repeated encouragingly "may I see your ticket?" And I realised that indeed he was speaking to me. He gave me a sad sheepish smile as if acknowledging that his bahaviour would have been more at home in a ponderous Korean thriller than a public transport system. I showed him my ticket, absurdly proud that it was valid. And he moved on to the next vulnerable traveller. And so the incident passed. Sinister stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home