Friday, July 24, 2009

I failed to note and commemorate my 500th post. Which passed unceremoniously 2 posts ago. Well, I am proud of myself. For a blog that started as a PR stunt that turned out to be useless, I’d say I was doing rather well. Though clearly I shouldn’t be proud of the narcissism that compels me to continue. Rather, I should humbly salute my two patient readers. I appreciate you both.

Wednesday was really good actually. Having been alarmingly underwhelmed by Sunday’s efforts, they seemed to pull themselves together on Wednesday and mostly do what they were meant to without too many fluffy lines along the way. It was helped I think by the fact that they had a ‘new’ audience member in DG’s hawklike eye. And they always try a bit harder when they have virgin eyes on them. Also helped by the fact that Hilary had returned from her roadtrip tanned and French elegant. The boys were most appreciative.

But maybe they’ve just recovered from the books down dip quicker than I’d expect. Maybe they’re just all quite good.

I’m getting to that nice starting to know them a bit better state where I can tell (I think) when they’re ‘acting’ and when they’re just desperately trying to remember what to say. So that helps too.

And I had my first ‘lines popping into my head in the shower’ moment the other day. It was a relatively unexciting line about the king of thebes but still. A sure sign that I am starting to get hooked.

2 Comments:

Blogger imw said...

Congratulations on your 500 not out.

Perhaps a listing on http://www.britblog.com would move the number of readers nearer to the number of posts.

7:03 am  
Blogger Claire said...

I think you'll find that my profile views total 1,500. Though this could just be a reflection of the fact that every time I blog, I hungrily check my profile page 3 times to see if anyone else loves me...

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home