Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So a fairly cultural weekend after a Friday night drinking tequila. Although I say that and Saturday morning saw me dragging my weariness around Scotland’s national museum alternately making masks with the child and throwing up sorrowfully in a cubicle sized toilet. Ah, sweet spirits hangovers.


But the day improved with Something Wicked This Way Comes at the Lyceum that evening. A co-production with the National Theatre and the beautifully named Catherine Wheels, this was a lovely show. I hadn’t read the book or seen the film. But at last, when they said it, I twigged that this was perchance the story from which the famous thumb pricking line comes…


And I managed to sneak in Burn After Reading before Sunday’s technical rehearsal and costume check. A stellar cast. A humourous enough story. A farce for the modern day audience who won’t tolerate quite such bloodless but ridiculous mayhem as the French writers offered up a century ago. But worth seeing I would venture.


And now we’re in the theatre. Actually now as it happens, sat at my dressing table wearing one of a pair of very cute little hats that Lorna has brilliantly fashioned from a pair of matching trilbies for the both of us twins. I shall post this tomorrow.


My first scene has been skipped. I await further stage opportunities. Although we do yet have the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home